Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Vidal

Another Black Conservative posted a link to this article: Gore Vidal: 'We Will Have a Dictatorship soon in the U.S."

I'll admit up front, I only skimmed the article. Gore Vidal doesn't exactly excite me and on a normal basis I would never recommend this article. So I warn you now, don't expect to love most of what is in the article. But I wanted to point the few parts I did agree with, so much so I had to share.

Last year [Vidal] famously switched allegiance from Hillary Clinton to Barack Obama during the Democratic nomination process for president. Now, he reveals, he regrets his change of heart. How’s Obama doing? “Dreadfully. I was hopeful. He was the most intelligent person we’ve had in that position for a long time. But he’s inexperienced. He has a total inability to understand military matters.

“The only one I knew well was Kennedy, but he didn’t impress me as a good president. It’s like asking, ‘What do I think of my brother?’ It’s complicated. I’d known him all my life and I liked him to the end, but he wrecked his chances with the Bay of Pigs and Suez crises, and because everyone was so keen to elect Bobby once Jack had gone, lies started to be told about him — that he was the greatest and the King of Camelot.”
Obviously, this guy isn't as smart as he thinks he is if he just now figured out Obama is inexperienced. But hey, anybody that admits Kennedy's legacy is largely based on falsehoods, gets half a point in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment