Monday, May 11, 2009

My Biggest Pet Peeve

I should probably be talking about something else that is more important to this country but I can't ignore this feeling of annoyance that is growing increasingly larger in me as I read the news. My biggest pet peeve with politics right now is how nobody seems to be able to take a taste of their own medicine and how the rules don't matter as long as your not in the hot seat. I have seen this a tiny bit on the Conservatives side but not even close to the extent I have seen it on the Liberals side. They had the White House Correspondence Dinner the other night and during it Wanda Sykes took more than enough jabs at Rush Limbaugh. Mind you, I know each side tends to call the other side terrorists and many of us may secretly hope someone on the other side dies, but Wanda's comments are the epitome of tasteless for such an event, telling the audience that she hopes his kidneys fail. It sounded more like a political statement with a few jokes thrown in rather than a comedy act. But I can still get past the fact that she has a rather lame sense of humor but what I cant get past is the fact that I know no Conservative could get away with a joke like that. We would be called racists, hateful...racist again because that's their favorite jab...you name it we would be call it. Its not okay for us to disagree, to make jokes, to say we hope someone dies, but its a-okay for the liberals. Why this double standard? Do they just have some complex thats rampant on the Liberals side that's causing this double standard? Let me name two more example, though there are a slew of them, where I have seen this double standard. Its okay to call Bush a terrorist but not okay to call Obama a terrorist. It makes you racist (as does disagreeing with Acorn so watch out you racist people). Its okay that Obama stutters all the time and can't give a speech without a teleprompter but its not okay when Bush made mistakes in his speech. Bush must have been lacking brain cells but Obama, well hes still cool...cause you dont want to be called a racist.

I say it should either be free game for all or no game at all.

And on a side note, I call for a new word to use when talking about past racism. The Liberals have hijacked the word and used it in such nonsensical ways I don't even feel like I can use the word anymore. If disagreeing with Acorn is racism what was it when blacks couldn't vote??

And talking about wishing people were dead, I have a new favorite bumber sticker. It says "If You Must Burn Our Flag, Wrap Yourself In It First." Flag burning...just another pet peeve of mine. I hope those people don't celebrate the 4th of July. They don't deserve that holiday. Just saying....

No comments:

Post a Comment