Thursday, May 14, 2009

I Think I Am Getting Sick

This investigation the Liberals are seeking into abuse of prisoners/terrorists is not fairing well for them. They not only voting in a president who is reversing his decisions but Nancy Pelosi can't get her story straight. In fact, she kind of reminds me of a criminal who goes to the police to help them solve a crime in order to throw them off the scent. Now shes getting stuck in her lies. Please read the comments at the end of this article. Now gag with me!!! As for President Obama, I just want to say that the fact that he needed senior military officials to tell him what should seem obvious, is ridiculous.

Obama is also busy trying to find money to pay for his spending. I have been a-okay with taxing alcohol and cigarettes up till now, mainly because I sadly just don't care. I don't drink nor do I smoke. But I am thinking about it now, and want to study it more, now that they want to increase the tax on junk food. Yes junk food is not healthy and is the cause of a lot of America's weight issues, but how can they just pick out a certain type of food and increase its tax? How can someone tax me more because I, like your average American, want to eat a bag of chips? Junk food is expensive enough. Don't get me wrong. I try to eat healthy and I am all about a healthy America, but I am not sure a junk food tax is the way to accomplish that. In the end I want freedom, I want lower taxes, I want my junk food. Click here if you want a quick analysis of the subject. I want to know what you think?

For some reason this article does not surprise me but I will leave it at that for now.

Specter makes me laugh and not in an "I am laughing along with you" kind of way.

2 comments:

  1. Just read that article. It's kind of old! I was surprised to read the date. This has been going on for a while.

    I think in principle I'm okay with sales taxes on food. I think that selectively picking the food taxed because it makes people fat is ridiculous. Honestly, we wouldn't need that kind of tax if we cut all the programs that are unconstitutional anyway.

    You know in Utah's state senate they're considering a tax on all caffeinated beverages? ...only in Utah...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it has been going on for a long while. And many states have already implemented some form of it, whether drink or junk food taxation. And that's hilarious about Utah and caffeinated beverages. Maybe they should force BYU to sell them so that they can get lots of tax money from out of state students. Ugh. I am like you. Its the selectively picking what type of food to tax that gets me. America is a disgustingly unhealthy nation but what we eat is our choice.

    ReplyDelete