Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Good Luck President Obama

Obamamania hasn't reached Wyoming is a great article and explains perfectly what I am thinking today, the day of Obama's inauguration. Ted Mueller, a 57 year old insurance salesman, got it right when he stated, "I wish President [-elect] Obama well, but I do not wish him success in the things he is proposing."

I will respect Obama because he holds the holds the office of President. I want the best for America and I want each and every president to succeed. But I do not want him to succeed in the ways he wants to succeed. I want abortion laws to stay in place, I want immigration laws, I dont want more bailing out of Companies, etc. I hope that Obama succeeds in helping this country, in putting into place good policies, in doing what is right for Iraq and the Middle East, and in keeping freedom in tact. I hope that we all can look at him years down the road and can be happy we chose him. But I do not wish for his success in all he is proposing to do.

As Janit Anderson said, ""If Barack Obama earns my respect, I will respect the man." Though I would add that if he succeeds with his policies, I will respect him as a good politican. If he succeeds in passing laws that I view adequate and beneficial to this nation, I will respect his as a man and as a superb politician.

So on the day of your inauguration, God Bless you Obama and I wish you the best of luck. I will respect you as the President but I hope I can respect you in more ways than that someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment