Thursday, January 15, 2009

An old blog posting titled "Today is a Day of Mourning"

I love politics and thus you will hear me talk a lot about politics. Especially while this election (that most of us are already tired of) goes on. And let me get it out right now. I AM CONSERVATIVE! Yup folks. thats right. I AM CONSERVATIVE! Gun rights, school choice, social security reform, and the whole shebang. I hope you don't stop reading just because of that. And I would rather not debate anyone (for the time being at least) as i'm convinced it is not a healthy activity for me.

But moving on...Romney dropped out. I firmly believe that Huckabee screwed him over. I used to like Huckabee and than I figured something out. He is a hypocrite and a big one at that. I talks all about fighting racism and bigotry yet he played the anti mormon card one to many times. I could forgive him for playing that if he had not also gone on about fighting racism and bigotry. Mormons are no different than Jews and no different than blacks and whites (can you tell im Mormon yet?) We look differently and have different religious beliefs but that is it. We can all be good people and bad people. We can all make good politicians and make bad politicians.

After Huckabee i became a Romney fan. He would have been good for our Economy and he believed in many of the same things i do. I know he was loosing but i was hoping he would stay in until Huckabee dropped out. I hate to think that Huckabee is still in and not Romney. Romney could potentially have continued to stay in just to hurt Huckabee's numbers as Huckabee was doing to him.

Not that that matters because McCain is the one whose got the nomination.. McCain, the man that half the conservatives don't even like. The man who got it because the conservatives split and the independents like him. I myself have not completely decided what i think about him but many hard core conservatives now will be voting for Obama. Obama is the man they can trust over McCain and they would rather vote in a pure Democrat than a fake Republican. At this point the only thing i care about is that Hillary does not take it (maybe ill write more on that later).

So back to the main point: i'm sad that Romney dropped out. I'm pissed that Huckabee screwed with Romney's chances. And I'm sick and tired of this election already. I was going to campaign this summer but because i am once again at the point of not knowing who i want, i probably will decline from campaigning. Though part of me thinks it might be worth it just because this is an election in the making.

I almost feel like i should consider writing a book about it because i know there are already people writing books about it. This election will be the subject of political science classes and books for at least the next four years, if not for decades to come. This election was and still is the most unpredictable and strange election ever. How did these people (at least in the Republican Party) become front runners and what will happen to the Republican party? I might just have to read up on it and study it in the next few years. If anything I will learn about what to do and what not to do so when I start my political consulting firm, I will already know the best strategies.

I have written way to much. This is why i should not bring politics up. But expect it to happen often. I do not have a lot of self control.

P.S. Logan: your message gave me the idea for the title. Thanks for your word mastery. You are better at it than me.


"We can have no "50-50" allegiance in this country. Either a man is an American and nothing else, or he is not an American at all.” -Theodore Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment