Thursday, January 29, 2009

Lawsuite Filed Against Hillary

I get a lot of what I write about either from the news or from friends. Today is no exception. My friend Chris posted the following link "Judicial Watch Files Lawsuit Challenging Hillary Clinton"
on his facebook status. It is extremely awesome for many reasons.

First, because someone is suing Hillary Clinton. I don't know why but that just brings me joy. Secondly, the case is on behalf of Chris's dad David. I know Mr. Rodearmel not only through Chris but also his daughter Jocelyn who I consider one of my best girl friends. Shes even super cooler now that her Dad is suing Hillary. Plus me and Mr. Rodearmel are tight. He took me to New York once. How much tighter could two people get? j/k.

On a more serious note...

Another reason its extremely awesome is that he's suing because of his belief in the Constitution, the document that holds our country up. I have not researched the topic yet but based on their argument so far, I think I am a believer in their cause. Why should rules and laws be put in place that allows government officials to get around the Constitution? If State Department Officials swear an oath to the Constitution how can they serve under someone who goes against what the Consitution clearly states.

But lastly, and most importantly, Mr. Rodearmel provides a good example of what American Citizens can do when they strongly disagree against the government. We need to stop sitting on our bums and start fighting for what we believe in. Another good example of this is my friend Allie and her father. She write for political newspapers, even if she knows her articles are going to get edited. Her father is always writing his congressmen* and senators. So on behalf of the three of them I am going to start a list of ways anyone and everyone can get involved in politics.

1. write to the politicians. US SENATE. and WRITE YOUR REPRESENATIVE
are good places to start.
2. get active in campaigns local, state, and national
3. go to your local governmental meetings
4. join one of your local political parties (or all if your a moderate)
5. start or join a protest (though most protesters annoy me, especially those in CA that protest the military)
6. bumper sticker everything (at the very least the driver you can effect the driver behind you who is probably just laughing or cursing you)
7. putting signs in your yard are an easy place to start (just stock on them since somebody will probably steal them)
8. talk to people about what you care about and who you support. Make phone calls, go meet your neighbors (feel like going door-to-door), debate people at church or even on facebook
9. make movies on political subjects (a list of good political movies coming soon)
10. write blogs
11. join facebook groups in support of whatever (hence another reason everybody should join facebook). By the way, this is even easier than putting up signs as this just takes a simple click of a button and than you can forget you ever did it.
12. Sue someone.

Feel free everyone to give me more ideas.

*According to one of the websites above its congressperson but I am not a believer in political correctness for many reasons but for one of them read page 38 of Glen Becks book An Inconvenient Book.

1 comment: