Wednesday, April 22, 2009

How Dare You Piss Castro Off Obama

It looks like Obama's apologies and over eagerness for friendship with the world dictators has not changed anything. I am not exactly why he had such high expectations that somehow within the time Bush left office and he entered, the dictators somehow became good people and good leaders. I guess it cant hurt to try. Unfortunately I see this becoming the pattern in Obama's foreign relationships.

If this surprises you than perhaps you should start watching 24. Jack teaches some good lessons about torture in it. Now torture is not something to take lightly. It it something that should not be retorted to just because its there. It can and does harm people and our country is thankfully above using many methods of torture. But if it between allowing a terrorist plot to succeed or using a form of torture that does not have a high chance permanently harming someone, than I say go with the torture. How else are you going to get info out of people who are convinced they are doing Alla's work and will get blessed for all they do. Also, while in school I went to a speech made by a guy who I believe used to interrogate prisoners in Iraq. I wish I knew his name or more about him but it was about 4 years ago and my memory can be horrible at times. But what I do remember is how he told us that compared to every other country, including the UK, we treated our prisoners far better. In fact we treated them so well that we were not allowed to simply hood them while transporting them. Yes America should stand on a high moral ground (especially if we decide not to be friends with those lovely Dictators) but that may not mean we should not use any methods of torture at all. War sucks. Torture sucks. But allowing our country to be destroyed and trampled on is even worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment