Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I Feel Homesick Without Jericho

I finally looked into an event that's occurring this weekend. I almost wish I had spent the money and gone to this event. Its called Welcome Home to Jericho Charity Event. First let me say that Jericho was an amazing television show. Probably one of my favorite all time television shows. Unfortunately its run time did not last very long but within its short life it managed to not only make me feel like I belonged in the show but accurately represented and taught what being a patriot is and what freedom and love of ones country is really about. If only we had more shows like that on television. It might actually be worth watching.

Though it seems the Welcome Home Jericho event was originally more of a reunion for fans and those who associated with the show, they took their idea one step further and made it into a charity event. How simple yet amazing. The following video is pretty good and at the end it gives a quick synopsis of the charity portion of the event.



Operation Home Front is about support; support to soldiers and their families. It was started on a small scale by some military family members. But then it grew and I am sure what it has done and can do is far beyond the wildest dreams of the creators of this organization. I highly recommend checking this charity out. They even have a page that lists specific needs of soldiers that need to taken care of soon. I know the economy is tight but there has never been a better time to do an act of service.

I think I will try to put up information about legit charities up every one in a while. Could be the best use of space yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment